Sunday, January 29, 2012

Jalan Jalan Japan : The End

After thoughts about my 3 days shopping trip in Tokyo

Time flies! Fortunately with a digital camera, the memories are captured in time. And scrolling through the pictures 6 months later still bring a smile to my face.

I realised that a common misconception about Japan is that it is expensive and that it is hard to get around due to the language barrier!

If given 3 days to shop in Tokyo, where will you go? I left Singapore with 7kg, the Japanese Customs Officer commented that “my bag was light”! I came back with 25 kg, 24 kg in the Bag and 1kg around my waist! Unbelievable? Here’s a snippet of what I did. Most people know what Wagashi is, but how about Dagashi? I visited Ooyashoten at Nippori Station to buy the kind of Dagashi (sweets) Japanese children like. Let Tokyo be your window to the other provinces of Japan in a day. You may find this statement a little incredulous but it’s possible at Kotsu Kaikan Building. Trust me - you won’t leave empty handed! Stop by Sugamo “The Harajuku for Grannies”! Buying the fashionable “Akai Pantsu”(Red Pants) may not be on your shopping list but how about Salted Daifuku? By the way I noticed something, there are no thrash bins along the streets and yet they are litter free! And you don’t have to bring pocket tissue in Summer, it is always given out free. Most department stores open at 9am and close at 8.30pm! Perfect places to shop after 8.30pm are in the train stations & convenience stores and at Tsukiji Market in the mornings. Lastly you can’t say that you have seen Tokyo by just going on one trip! 3 days is simply not enough to discover Tokyo and I will be back again!

Do leave a tag, if you have any questions and I am sure you will enjoy Tokyo as much as I did. Have a wonderful week ahead:)

さよなら


Once again, a huge Thank You to ANA Singapore, Japan National Tourism Board and those strangers whom I crossed path with in Tokyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...