Sunday, February 20, 2011

Li Quan Roast Duck

Da Dong, Quan Ju De and Li Quan are three of the most famous places to try Peking Duck. Many guide books hype and rave about them, so expect crowds of tourists and pricey menus! I have read mixed reviews of all three restaurants. Most of the reviews advised diners to make a booking!

When a friend came over, I decided to bring him to Li Quan. Not because I felt that it was the best restaurant but I wanted to give him a Hutong dining experience. Some people commented online that the horrible smell from the toilet, drifted to the tables near it. To be fair to the restaurant, I can't comment on that point, however I noticed most of the diners were foreigners!





Here are my ratings for Li Quan:
Ambience = 4 thumbs
Food = 3 thumbs
Value for money = 1.5 thumbs

Address: No.11 Beixiangfeng, Zhengyi Road
Phone: 6705-5578

I am not a duck connoisseur, so I was satisfied with the duck. I found the pricing abit too expensive for my liking and that was the reason why it was my first and last time in that restaurant. Stay tune to find out which local joint managed to satisfy my Roast Duck cravings throughout my stay there. I know I will be bashed by food critics, but I found the duck as good as Li Quan's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...